Learn to lead and chant the Shabbat services with Be a Ba'al Tefillah, featuring the accurate, authentic nusach of the Shabbat davening, sung by Sherwood Goffin, renowned cantor of Lincoln Square Synagogue in New York City, and faculty member, Philip and Sarah Belz School of Jewish Music at Yeshiva University in New York.
Based on the curriculum of the Belz School of Jewish Music at Yeshiva University, Be a Ba'al Tefillah includes both Ashkenazic and Sephardic pronunciation, and is recorded in short selections, to ensure learning and retention of the material. It even features multiple versions of popular tunes for Lecha Dodi, Kel Adon, and Kedusha!
Load it up on your MP3 player or MP3 CD player (files are provided in the popular MP3 format), and listen on your way to work, while exercising, or in the car. Listen while you're at your computer, and follow along with the included PDF files of the Shabbat tefillot.
Whether you've always wanted to lead the Shabbat services, or just enjoy listening to the lovely tones of the Shabbat nusach, Be a Ba'al Tefillah will increase your understanding and appreciation of the davening for Shabbat.
Be a Ba'al Tefillah includes the following special features:
- Davening is chanted in both Ashkenazic and Sephardic pronunciations (text follows Nusach Ashkenaz)
- Davening is accompanied by piano soundtrack
- Features multiple versions of popular Shabbat davening tunes for Lecha Dodi, Kel Adon, and Kedusha
- Includes Rosh Chodesh bentching and Musaf Ata Yatzarta
- Includes a PDF file of all included Shabbat Tefillot in Hebrew
- Includes PDF instructions and notes, written by Cantor Goffin
- Features a total of 268 tracks - over 5 hours of music!